CNA (Certified Nurse Aide) is the entry level and most basic nurse training provided in which you will learn medical terms and undergo 200 hours of training about patient care. The training provides a nice platform for the further education and licensure as a LPN, or, a RN. ATCS (California Department of Public Health’s Aide & technician Certification Section) keeps the record of the CNA (Certified Nurse Aide) and HHA (Home Health Aide) in the state. Both these programs are different are come under nurse patient care technician category. HHA programs in California are conducted in summer season only while CNA programs run through-out the year in California State.
The training time is 6-8 weeks and costs around $ 500-$ 1000. This is relatively less compared to the cost in other states. This is due to the presence of a number of online and campus driven schools in California. Some of the programs under online course provision are as under:-
· Silver chair Learning Systems
· aQuire Training Solutions
· Care Train
· Care 2 Learn
· CME Resource/NetCE.
· Tenet Healthcare Corp.
· Upstairs Solutions
· EC CPR
· Fox Learning Systems, Inc.
· My Free CE
Remember, even if you have completed the online training course you cannot get a certification as a Nurse Aide unless you complete some essential training lessons in regular training classes. The average salary of the CNA in California is $ 19000-$ 36000 depending on the experience that you have gained during training and practice. California CNA programs experience a 21.7% annual growth with 19% growth in job opportunities. The pre-requisites for a CNA program are as under:-
· You must be 16 years old by the completion of your training time.
· You must hold a high school graduation degree/GED
· Pass a mandatory physical Test
· You must have a CPR certification.
· A clear background check is also mandatory.
Among the various schools that are providing the CNA training some can offer you the free training you sign as an employee for that particular facility after the completion of your course. License renewal is a compulsion after every 2 years. The charges for license renewal are different as per different norms.
Here is a detailed list of facility and non-facility colleges that provide CNA programs in California:-
· Avalon Training Center – Newman
· Crescent Facility Training Center – Modesto
· Acacia Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center – Modesto
· Bel Air Lodge CNA Training Program – Turlock
· Brandel Manor Emanuel Hospital Nurse Assistant Program – Turlock
· Casa De Modesto Retirement Center Nurse Aide Training – Modesto
· Country Villa Modesto Nursing Assistant Course
· Covenant Village Care Center – Turlock
· Crestwood Manor Nurse Aide Course – Modesto
· Central California Rehabilitation Hospital – Modesto
· Elness Convalescent Hospital CNA Program – Turlock
· English Oaks Convalescent and Rehabilitation Hospital – Modesto
· Evergreen Convalescent Hospital CNA Program – Modesto
· Garden City Healthcare Center Nurse Aide Training – Modesto
· Ha Le Aloha Convalescent Hospital – Ceres
· Avalon Health Care of Modesto
· Hy-Lond Health Care Center – Modesto
· Modesto Junior College – West Campus
· Kindred Hospital – Modesto
· Oak Valley Care Center Nurse Aide Course – Oakdale
· Oakdale Adult Education C.N.A. Class
· Riverbank Nursing Center C.N.A. Course
· Reno Convalescent Hospital – Modesto
· Turlock Nursing and Rehabilitation CNA Training Program
· Vintage Faire Convalescent Hospital Nurse Aide Program – Modesto
Hi my name is lisa, i love creating blogs and ecommerce sites. .right now i am focusing on one of my blogand which i created last year and would request visitors to go through my website once and suggest me if anything which can improve my readers.